Sunday, April 26, 2009

27 April 09
Monday
Warm-up
Dot Drill (reference link on right hand side of page)
30 Box Jumps @ 24 inches
Box Squats up to working sets

WOD
Box Squats (height of box should put the crease of your hip about one inch below the knee)
5 x 5 (2-3 minutes rest between sets, progress with each set, last set do 5 or more)

Rest 3 minutes

5 Rounds
20 x Slamball (men nothing less than 30lbs/ women nothing less than 20lbs)
20 x Pull-ups
20 x Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (75 lbs men/55lbs women)
20 x Sledgehammer tire strikes

Finish with 10 minutes of stretching

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe, you are right I am blessed and she is very talented, but she told me if I wink at her again she's going to box my ears. Just to give you a heads up on a couple of things regarding the I Suck program of improvement. We will do box squats, back squats, shoulder press, deadlifts or power cleans every week for the next couple of months. The rep scheme will change every week, but it will give you an opportunity to best your performance from the last week. Now how is that done you may ask. That last set is key because you want to go all out and get as many reps as possible and that will give you the starting point for the next week. I'll try to blog about it this weekend so you have a clearer understanding, but I can tell you I have already jumped significantly in my squats. Once last thing on squats make sure you take a deep breath and hold it throughout the squat and little secret to help you get out of the hole is to hold your stomach tight and push out. You will get a chance to try it again this week.MP