Wednesday, March 4, 2009

05 March 09
Thursday
WOD
Ring work without the rings
3 rounds
2 rounds with a 1 minute hold at each position (continous clock similar to fight gone bad) and a 1 minute break between rounds
Weight (men 10lb dumbbells/women 5lb dumbbells)

Final round 1 minute hold at each position and 1 minute break between holds
Weight (men 20lb dumbbells/women 10lb dumbbells)

Scoring: Each time a position is compromised is considered a foul. It will be considered a foul if it takes you longer than 5 seconds to get into position. A score of zero would be considered perfect, just like golf, the lower the score the better.


Handstand hold (figure 1)
Iron Cross hold (figure 2)
Planche hold (figure 3)
Lever hold (reverse of the planche hold and similar to a superman except the hands will be by the side with dumbbells)




Figure 1 Hand stand hold


Figure 2 Iron Cross Hold


Figure 3 Planche hold
This is a little different than normal so if you have any questions, please post them to the comments and I'll answer them before the morning.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

NO!!NO!!NO!! And some of us Shefitters were a little hungover and didn't make class today. I might not make class for a week, for that matter--I'm never staying up past my bedtime again!

This looked fun, though--maybe I can do it another day, when I'm not in so much pain!

W

Anonymous said...

Well, despite being out late, I did manage to make it to a later class. I cannot believe the burn this wod caused! Becca, you definitely need to try it. I had 4fouls, like Kate, which actually isn't bad. (If I hadn't seen Kate's #, I probably would've had more fouls. Thanks for giving me something to work toward, Kate!) I'm sure Hound would say my short wing span helped...ok, so it did! Regarding the wall ball challenge....that'd be a negative! Thanks for the suggestion though. Not cool!!
See ya tomorrow!

G

Anonymous said...

Hound,
Perhaps you'd like a squat challenge...you and me, dude! Or a repeat on today's wod. How many fouls was that for you? Hee, hee...just kidding.
I think you should be nice to me!

G

Anonymous said...

I surrender!
I prefer motivating, rather than smack talking....so, you win!
You're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you, Hound!