Sunday, June 28, 2009

29 June 09
Monday
Warm-up
3 rounds
25 push ups
25 sit-ups

WOD
Deadlift (All the percentages should be based upon 90% of your max. A percentage table has been provided, as well as, an example of the program we will be following for the next 8 weeks or more if we have success. This strength program is very similar to the one we have been following for the past couple of months. I like the program because it is very incremental and the focus is breaking records with every workout. The program was written by Jim Wendler and presented in his e-book 5,3,1. For those of you at East Coast CrossFit, Ron and Katie should be able to answer any questions you may have regarding this program. Or you can simply post your questions to comments and I’ll gladly answer them for you.)
5 reps @ 40%
5 reps @ 50%
3 reps @ 60%
5 reps @ 75%
5 reps @ 80%
5 reps or as many reps as possible @ 85%

Rest 5 minutes

For time:
400 meter run
21 Deadlift (bodyweight)
21 Pull-ups

400 meter run
15 Deadlift (bodyweight)
15 Pull-ups

400 meter run
9 Deadlift (bodyweight)
9 Pull-ups

Finish with 10 minutes of stretching.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dead lift 275 x 12
WOD 9:24
MP

Anonymous said...

To all the woman of ECCF go to againfaster.com You are Beautiful Article. I will print out and post but its probably the best article about women I have read in a long time. Let me know what you think.

Mike thanks for giving the program Ron wanted to try a chance.

Kate

Anonymous said...

Today rocked! Well, workout wise, not for me. :) My weekend of, how should i put this delicately, drinking way too much, resulted in a rough one. However, i see this new program being really great. I did 150 x 5 and 16:37 RX.
Katie, i love that article. I was just chatting with a girlfriend about this same thing. For the first time in my life, i am comfortable with how i look naked, and not because i think i "look" perfect, but because i am amazed at the things i can do! i never thought i would be deadlifting anything!!! :) I cannot wait for my little girl to be old enough to start Crossfit kids, so she grows up with that attitude, and doesn't have to learn it later in life! YAY to all of the strong, beautiful women that are at that gym everyday. thanks for this!
linds

Anonymous said...

Hound,
Make sure you use 90% of your max to base all of your percentages on. I think you used 90% for your last set. I say this because I thought we had the same max 365, so you should have used 275 for your last set today. It will seem extremely light, but I think there is some merit to using the program in this manner. Send me your email and I'll send you the e-book, in case you have any questions.MP

Anonymous said...

Think I got best girl's time 4 today?
Dead lift 210x5
WOD 13:37
Gala