Tuesday, January 20, 2009

21 Jan 09
Wednesday
WOD
5 Rounds for time

500 meter row
20 Pullups
30 Pushups
40 Situps
50 Squats

For the poster who asked "What is a Wabbitt?" I'm afraid only someone as wise as Socrates or perhaps Elmer Fudd can truly answer that question. I can only give antedotes of bizarre, but fairly amusing behavior. Generally speaking if a Wabbitt is upside down, it will collapse into a heap and if a Wabbitt is required to jump, hop, skip or anything else that may require the coordination of an athletic 3 year old boy, well let's just say it ain't pretty. Since, I can't figure it out and I haven't seen Socrates or Elmer lately, I'll let our astute audience attempt to define a Wabbitt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lead Dawg, let me shed some light on this subject. Wabbit is an anomaly in the Crossfit world, or world for that matter. I could use many adjectives to describe Wabbit: Nice, Funny (to watch), Uncoordinated, Retarted, and the list goes on and on. But they still dont seem to do her justice. So let me paint a mental picture for you.

Imagine a wide open space, perfectly flat, level surface. In this wide open space there are but two objects:
1- A standard 35# womens olympic weight lifting bar.
2- Wabbit.

Now imagine the days WOD is "Useing the bar only, Complete 1single Dead Lift." Simple, right.
Not so much for Wabbit. You see buy the end of this WOD, Wabbit is upside down, in an unnatural contorted position, in this perfectly flat and level space, with the bar on her head. But still as cheerful as ever. Hey, ignorance is bliss.

I hope this clears it up for you Lead Dawg.

H.

Anonymous said...

First of all, let me just say that a Wabbitt is a brave and very noble creature, revered in certain cultures as a lucky charm and/or sacred symbol. The Wabbitt tends to exhibit incredible athletic prowess and speed, resulting in often amazing feats of daring (for example, walking backbends w/90# bars) that often mystify her more ordinary opponents. Anyway, there were many other examples of typical Wabbitt bravery, etc., listed, but that was all I felt like copying from Wikipedia right now...

This workout hurt! But it was fun, too, even though I was pretty slow. I posted a 43:16, which sounds fairly terrible, I must admit. I walked in to see the first group of the morning looking like they were in considerable pain during the last couple of rounds, so I knew that meant trouble. I was the fastest time of the morning so far, but I am absolutely certain that it won't hold for long. I'm even a bit concerned that the Hound might come in and beat me later in the day. I'm not sure that my arms are going to work properly for the rest of the afternoon, either. Good thing it's another snow day!

W