Tuesday, January 6, 2009

07 Jan 08
Wednesday
WOD
"Something Special"

3 Rounds for time:

500 meter row
25 Double-leg mountain climbers
100 Shoulder touches from the push-up position
25 Burpees

Double-leg mountain climbers: Start position begins in the up portion of the push-up. One repetition constitutes bringing both feet forward to rest under the chest (hands will remain in place supporting the body) and finishes with bringing both feet back to the start position.

Shoulder touches: Start position begins in the up portion of the push-up. One repetition constitutes touching the right shoulder with the right hand while the left hand and feet maintain the integrity of the push-up up position. Alternate each repetition (should mimic running on your hands in place).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, you are a very "sick" man!

Jp

P.S. Not that you need help, but if you want take a look at this website for other WODS. http://gymnasticbodies.com

Anonymous said...

JP, thanks for link. The idea for this WOD actually came from that website. In fact, the shoulder touches are suppose to be done from the handstand position for 10 minutes. have fun tomorrow and let me know how it goes. MP

Anonymous said...

Mike
I think your special!:)
Sorry I missed you over the holidays. Are you coming home for the 4 day coming up? Hope you had a great New Year.
Cin

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I think you were the only one I didn't see when I was home. Hope you and Randy are doing well and had happy new year. Right now I plan on comming home, but probably won't know until next week. If I do get home I'll try to make it out your way. Take care. MP

Jp said...

Mike,
Yea..umm...the burpees shut me down completely again. A blazing 33+ minutes. I need to start incorporating them in my daily warm up. Every time burpees come up it takes me 2-3 times longer than every one else.
Jp