Monday, January 12, 2009

13 Jan 09
Tuesday
WOD

Snatch: Find your max
Handstand Hold: Find out how long you can stay in a handstand (since we are not 12 year old female gymnast, your feet allowed to touch the wall)

Scoring: Snatch score = the percentage of your body weight (example; lifter weighs 100lbs and snatches 70lbs her score will be 70 for the snatch)
Handstand Hold score = total number of seconds held in the handstand (example; handstand is held for 3 minutes then her score will be 180)

Final Score: multiply snatch score with the handstand hold score (example; 70 x 180= 12,600)

By the way, what's up with Ron? Is he getting ready for the games? Somehow or another he's found the keys to the kingdom. So what gives Ron? Don't be shy brother, tell us what you're doing right.

And finally, Wabbitt you knew I would have to find some way for you to bounce your noggin off the floor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No secret Mike, that workout played to my strengths. However, workouts with burpees, box-jumps, slam-balls and sit-ups seem to slow my times down. My strength training has increased by incorporating bands and chains for added resistence on the positive portion of the rep. I still think that most of the women in the gym have made the best improvements.
; their progress has been awsome to watch.

Anonymous said...

Mike,

I snatched 75#, which is 20# more than I've ever done, but I couldn't manage to be quick enough and/or get under the bar at 85#. However, it was a less embarrassing strength day than most for me, as I did not fall down or do anything incredibly stupid for the most part. The handstand was deceptively hard for everyone this morning, but I'm proud to say that I crushed the Space Monkey at it! He stayed upside down for 1:41 and I made it for 2:10! So my snatch left me at about 65% bodyweight, which makes my score 8,450. (Someone correct my math if I' m wrong on that one.) Space Monkey also did yesterday's workout, and posted what might have been the fastest time--he finished in 3:36. Hound did clean and jerks and was very good at them, but he also lost out on the handstand. However, his muscle up training is surpassing mine pretty seriously right now. I have to work out my ring dip issues!

Wabbitt

Anonymous said...

Owe!! Snatch still hurt. And on top of the pain induced from the Snatch itself, the new girl, Jenna, her first time doing the Snatch mind you, look like a seasoned pro compaired to me. Women are just too flexible. I ended up doing Clean and Jerk instead and managed 145# with a 55 sec. HS. That is 88% of my body weight which makes for a total score of 7975.

Just like the mighty Tarheels, I have started the week 0-2. Good job Wabbit.

H.

Anonymous said...

Hey there....I'm the "new girl," Gina. Just have to say that Joe/Hound could be an instructor! I had never done a snatch before, asked him if he could show me, which he did step by step. Broke it down extremely well. Thank you! I wouldn't have done so well without your help. :)
I am new at crossfit & loving the challenge! Can't wait to increase my upper body strength like the other girls I've met (Wabbit & Laura).