Wednesday, July 22, 2009

23 July 2009
Thursday
Warm-up
3 rounds of 10-15 reps of
Samson Stretch (do the Samson Stretch once each round for 15-30 seconds)
Overhead Squat with broomstick
Sit-up
Back-extension

WOD
For time

200 meter run
21 x Ring Dips
21 x Alligator push-ups: Do a push up, walk one hand forward, do another push up, walk the other hand forward, do a pushup, etc. (go to link below for demonstration)
10 x Clapping Pull-ups plus 1 complete flip on the pullup bar: pull your entire body over and around the pullup bar, similar to skin the cat, but your body goes over the bar instead of under it. (Substitution for the flip is 5 knees to elbows)

200 meter run
18 x Ring Dips
18 x Alligator push-ups
10 x Clapping Pull-ups plus 1 complete flip on the pullup bar

200 meter run
15 x Ring Dips
15 x Alligator push-ups
10 x Clapping Pull-ups plus 1 complete flip on the pullup bar

200 meter run
12 x Ring Dips
12 x Alligator push-ups
10 x Clapping Pull-ups plus 1 complete flip on the pullup bar

200 meter run
9 x Ring Dips
9 x Alligator push-ups
10 x Clapping Pull-ups plus 1 complete flip on the pullup bar

http://www.mtnathlete.com/subpage_details.php?subpage_ID=325&page_ID=14

Finish with 10 minutes of stretching.

4 comments:

East Coast CrossFit said...

This is where the new bumper stickers I ordered come in handy....I will have to send you one MP. It clearly says

W.O.D.= W.T.F.

My question is what is the substitution for clapping pull-ups?

As always....Thanks!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I like the bumper sticker, when I'm town next time I'll drop by and pick one up.
I think a fair substitute for 10 clapping pullup would be 30 jumping clapping pullups. But as always scale it to the user, we are not trying to kill them, but we want it hard enough to at least make them hope they will die when it's all over. MP

Anonymous said...

weird WOD. I did the jumping clapping pull-ups...not sure if I'm too tall to really get anything out of those or what, but it just felt odd. I loved the push-ups though. Also, since I think we all know i could never get my ass to do a complete flip, i did it as far as i could. Once again, just kinda weird. Thanks for the variety though.
linds

Anonymous said...

Linds, I agree that was weird, but it was kind of fun flipping over the bar like 12 year old. The alligator pushups were more difficult than I expected, good call hound, we'll have to do more of these in the future. Completed the WOD in 17:17. I got a feeling tommorow is going to be interesting.MP