Tuesday, July 7, 2009

08 July 09
Wednesday
Warm-up
3 Times
Olympic Lifting PVC Pipe drill

WOD
Power Clean (All the percentages should be based upon 90% of your max.)
1x5 @ 40%
1x5 @ 50%
1x3 @ 60%
80% x 3 reps
85% x 3 reps
90% x 3 or more reps


For Time:
400 meter run
21 x Dumbbell Squat Clean (two 50lb dumbbells/two 25lbs dumbbells)
21 x Burpees with dumbbells in hands, complete a push-up each rep, no jump

400 meter run
18 x Dumbbell Squat Clean (two 50lb dumbbells/two 25lbs dumbbells)
18 x Burpees with dumbbells in hands, complete a push-up each rep, no jump

400 meter run
15 x Dumbbell Squat Clean (two 50lb dumbbells/two 25lbs dumbbells)
15 x Burpess with dumbbells in hands, complete a push-up each rep, no jump

400 meter run
12 x Dumbbell Squat Clean (two 50lb dumbbells/two 25lbs dumbbells)
12 x Burpees with dumbbells in hands, complete a push-up each rep, no jump

400 meter run
9 x Dumbbell Squat Clean (two 50lb dumbbells/two 25lbs dumbbells)
9 x Burpees with dumbbells in hands, complete a push-up each rep, no jump

Finish with 10 minutes of stretching.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Power Clean 180 x 10
WOD: 27:25
MP

Anonymous said...

That one hurt! WOD 42:37 with 10lb. weighted vest. PC 100x10
Kate

Anonymous said...

Um, wow! This SUCKED!!! If that is what u were going for, mission accomplished! I think I did it in 34 something but I was about to either throw up or pass out, so I may be wrong! PC 95 x 5
Linds

Anonymous said...

Also, forgot to ask, but these new WODs are taking a lot longer than the normal ones we used to do. Sometimes, I am unable to stay until 7am and can't do the whole thing. Is it better for me to skip the lifting portion or should I skim off the WOD? Just a random question from one of your early morning people
Linds

Anonymous said...

Linds,I would not skimp on the strength work, a couple of possible solutions, limit the normal warm-up, attempt your best to complete the strength work in 15 minutes, and set a 20 minute time limit on the WOD circuit.MP

Anonymous said...

Today's WOD is the epitome of why I'm so addicted to crossfit! In a word...INTENSE!
PC 100x6
WOD 38:59
Gala:)

Gala:) said...

OH! And how badass is Kate doing THIS WOD in a weighted vest???

Anonymous said...

Gala, I totally was about to say that! I almost puked without the vest! Seriously katie, are u mental? Way to go girl!

Anonymous said...

No not mental. When I start to gain a couple pounds back I wear the vest and it reminds me that I don't want to go back to where I started.
Katie