Friday, July 11, 2008

Time to Move the Burn Pile


I'm pretty excited about the sink area. The plumbers made it back today and installed the sink in the "now big enough" cutout in the countertop. One thing I insisted upon from the beginning of the project was that the windows be low enough so the countertop could flow into the window allowing for more countertop space behind the sink and, I think, a more streamlined look. I argued about this when the windows were ordered and again when the framers put in the windows --they all thought I was nuts. Well, I'm glad I stuck to my guns because I love the look. The cabinet that holds the sink is extended forward 2 inches from the adjacent cabinets allowing for a large work area. Yes I know, I still have to install the trim around the window...all in good time. And we probably need to move the burn pile so it's not the focal point of the view from the kitchen window.

No comments: