Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mole Hunter



Believe it or not, he actually catches the moles. We had an awful problem with moles in Washington until Pete showed up. There was one instance where a mole was destroying my planting beds and since Pete knows to stay out of those, the mole escaped his hunting prowess. I had to call in a professional trapper. The guy came out and set up numerous traps. A week later, the mole made the mistake of venturing outside the beds and into the yard. Big mistake - Pete got him (and I praised him repeatedly). The trapper came back and retrieved his empty traps. The moles aren't as bad here and I expect Pete will take care of this one soon. Just hope he doesn't start hunting in the neighbors' yards. They may not see it as I do - the little bit of digging in the grass Pete does is minor (and restricted to one area) compared to the amount of damage a mole will do over time to the entire lawn. Go Pete!

No comments: