Saturday, June 7, 2008

Record Temps


All I can say is that it is HOT! For the past week it has been 100 degrees or so. Add in the humidity factor and it is absolutely miserable outside. I was able to finally get my plants into the ground a week ago so they need to be watered frequently since they haven't established yet. This is a little difficult given my well problems but since my neighbor allows me to use their water on occasion, I'm able to keep the plants alive. The new grass is on it's own - I'm not running out my well again or using the neighbor's water for that so I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it rains and cools down soon. Even Pete can't take the heat. He comes inside frequently throughout the day and has even altered his "outdoor hours" - like heading outside at 5am and staying outside until 10 pm (of course coming inside during the hot hours). Smart dog.

No comments: