Thursday, June 19, 2008

Monotony.

Since the wide plank flooring
isn't end-matched (doesn't have tongue and groove on ends), the "butt" ends must be attached to the floor with fasteners. The original kitchen floor was face nailed with hand cut nails but we will not be using that method this time. The reasons: they tend to pop up - it hurts when you step on them, the mop catches on them and we don't like the rustic look. Instead we will be using screws. This is a time-consuming process: mark where the screws should be; drill countersink hole; drive in screw...for all 900 or so. And I still have to plug the holes but that is for another day. After a while, I decided I needed a stool - preferably one on wheels. I found a platform with casters but the wheels made indentions in the flooring. So, here is my solution. A cushion on the bottom to protect the floor, followed by a couple of power tool cases, followed by another cushion for my tush. I know - it's ridiculous but it works and gives my knees a break! And the mop bucket? Well, that is to wheel my tools around.

No comments: