Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Baby Mama


I saw this "introduction" several years ago (2004) and couldn't believe my ears! This is the way wives introduce their senator husbands?!?! Classy, huh? Every time this particular senator's name was mentioned, all I could think of was "my baby's daddy"...and mentioned it to anyone within earshot. Fast-forward several years and lo and behold this guy is running for president. I was confident the introduction would be played over and over and over. It wasn't. In fact, I never heard it mentioned ANYWHERE. I was beginning to believe I imagined it so I searched the internet. Apparently there were others like me wondering why this was never mentioned and wondering why we could not find a clip (evidence) of Michelle Obama's introduction anywhere. Someone found a CNN transcript but that was it. Finally, we have an audio clip: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_061308/content/01125113.guest.html Let's just imagine the last four First Ladies introducing their husband as "my baby's daddy": Laura Bush? Hillary Clinton? Barbara Bush? Nancy Reagan? Seriously.

Next thing you know the Oval Office will have a velvet Elvis above the recliner (complete with cup holders) and a pink flamingo on front lawn.

No comments: