Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Makeshift Paint Booth

Cabinet boxes are now painted! Used a Fuji Mini-Mite HVLP sprayer. It worked great! I wasn't sure where I would spray the cabinets until a woodworker friend suggested to just spray them outside. In the past, I had problems with dust getting into my finish (hand-brushed indoors) so I was extremely concerned with the amount of dust outside. I had no problem at all with dust. The only issues were the occasional thundershower sending me scrambling to get the cabinets back inside (of course, it always happened when Michael was not home - thank goodness for the hand truck) and the occasional no-seeums getting stuck in the clear topcoat finish. Still, I think it was a better finish than what I would have ended up with had I sprayed indoors. I'm pleased.

No comments: