Monday, August 3, 2009

04 Aug 09
Tuesday
Shoulder Press
1x5 @ 40%
1x5 @ 50%
1x3 @ 60%
80% x 3 reps
85% x 3 reps
90% x 3 or more reps
(All the percentages should be based upon 90% of your max.)
Reminder: This our second cycle of strength and you should increase by 5 pounds for determining your percentages. Example: 1st Cycle used 365 lbs for max and based my percentages on 325 lbs (90%), this cycle I will base my percentages on 330 lbs.

For Time:
7 Rounds
5 x Overhead Squats 115lbs men/80lbs women
10 x Sumo Deadlift High Pulls 115lbs men/80lbs women
15 x Pull-ups

Finish with 10 minutes of stretching.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoulder Press: 125 x 8
WOD: 18:06
My lower back is pretty much trashed from all the deadlifts yesterday, it may be wise for us to push tommorows power cleans to thursday. I'm looking for some feedback, so if you think we need to push the powercleans to thursday this week, speak up.MP

Anonymous said...

Programmer-

Team Six this morning had more complaints about grip and shoulders than their back, but I know that more than a few athletes at the gym have some lower back issues, so for their sake if we were to switch bench press and power cleans this week we may see better times and numbers.

-GNC

Unknown said...

Back felt good. Forearms burned from pull ups which in turn affected me for the subsequent rounds. Fun though:
Shoulder Press: 85LBS
Sumo D-lefit: 85LBS
Time: 1836

Anonymous said...

Seriously underestimated this WOD! I have no idea what my time was, but dammit...i RX'd it. :) That was really my only goal.
linds