Monday, August 18, 2008

Spot Free Shine!


The floor is finally finished (this was a two-month project). We ended up having to call a different flooring contractor to finish the floor. The first one refinished it several times but each time the spots reappeared. He was as frustrated as we were and agreed that we should call someone else because it just wasn't working out for him. Nice guy - I felt bad for him. So, the new guy finished the floor while we were in Florida. Apparently, there was a communication problem and the stain color turned out much lighter than I would have liked. But there is nothing I can do about it (the floor has now been sanded 5 times which is pretty much the life of hardwood flooring) so I'll just have to live with it. It's still nice - just not the dark color I planned on. It's growing on me. But hey - NO SPOTS! Yeahhhh!!! And I can finally get into the kitchen!

No comments: